Saturday, November 5, 2016

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

Organizations/Community of Practice

1. Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children - They give members the tools and information to promote effective public policy that is needed to improve early childhood education in Nevada. There are four imperatives that they focus on during the time frame allotted. Each imperative strives to improve children's lives in Nevada and resonate with my own views of what is needed for children. 

2. Healthy Southern Nevada - The goal of this organization is to help schools become "caring communities of learners" (Healthy Southern Nevada, 2016). They work to help build students' sense of community in school by focusing on the environment and the relationships. This is an excellent goal that I feel can be overlooked sometimes. I would be interested in helping promote this initiative. 

3. The Children's Cabinet - Their focus is on helping to keep children safe and families together.  They work to ensure that all of their basic needs are being met. I like this organization because they strive to provide resources and services to families in need. 

Job Interests

The main interest that I have in a career after graduating from Walden is becoming an adult educator in a college setting, preferably online.  I would definitely need some experience in teaching adults in order to obtain this job.  I also feel that  would have to continually educating myself in the child development field. Having knowledge with technology would also help me in this job. 

The next job that I would be interested in pursuing would be a parent educator. I would love to share my knowledge that I have gained with other parents who could benefit from it. After becoming a parent myself, I feel that this would be a job that I would enjoy. 

Websites

http://www.healthysouthernnevada.org/index.phpmodule=promisepractice&controller=index&action=view&pid=661

https://nevaeyc.org/policy/

http://childcarelv.org/en/community-partners

Reference

Healthy Southern Nevada. (2016). Child development project. [Data File]. Retrieved from http://www.healthysouthernnevada.org/index.phpmodule=promisepractice&controller=index&action=view&pid=661


No comments:

Post a Comment