Thursday, December 15, 2016

Time Well Spent

I cannot believe this journey is already over! It has come so fast and felt like so long all at the same time. Throughout my time at Walden, I have learned so much. The first thing I learned was that when I work for something I can achieve it. For so long I struggled with feeling like I wasn't smart or capable of much, but being able to finish this program has given me so much confidence, and I am so grateful  The next thing I learned was that more than anything, I want to be an advocate for children. They are truly the future and each child deserves the best possible outcome in life. Children deserve to receive high quality education no matter where they live. I will continue to be a voice for children so that they can get what they deserve. The last thing I learned was that there are so many possibilities for me in my future because of this degree. It is difficult to do a lot with just a Bachelor's degree in Child Development. Having this education will allow me to accomplish more than I ever imagined.

One long-term goal that I have for myself, which I am very passionate about now, is to strive to ALWAYS be learning. I have grown to absolutely love learning and have a better understanding of what I can do to continue learning, even though I am no longer going to be in school. The amazing thing about learning is that we can never do too much of it.

I am so incredibly grateful for all of my professors and peers that have helped me along this journey. I would not be here if it weren't for all of you. I have felt so encouraged through my professors and have felt like I could always turn to them when needed. To all of my peers, CONGRATULATIONS! We did it. I have loved learning from each of you every week. You have truly inspired and taught me. I wish you the best in everything you do. I know that together we can change the world.

I would love to keep in touch with you all. You can find me on Facebook under Linzie Lee DeVaney. Good luck to all!

Image result for thank you

A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be curious and to fight tirelessly for something.  It's a good way to live:

Free printables of C.S. Lewis quotes from theprettybee.com #words:

1 comment:

  1. Linzie,
    Thank you for sharing all your knowledge and experience. It has been a long journey but we finally made it to the end. Thank you for sharing your Facebook. I look forward to talking with you in the future.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete